Despite President Trump’s best intentions, we now face the greatest amnesty threat that we have seen in three decades. This is more perilous than the 2007 Bush amnesty plan or the 2013 “gang of eight” amnesty.
The Administration released details of a “framework” for an amnesty compromise and it’s a BAD DEAL for the American people…
- This amnesty deal grants amnesty to not just the roughly 700,000 “dreamers” often discussed, but a much larger group of 1.8 million illegal aliens.
- Those given amnesty will also get a clearly defined path to citizenship.
- Any relief from chain migration won’t happen for a decade or more, perhaps two decades!
- There are no border security or wall triggers or thresholds that must be in place before this massive amnesty is granted.
- Reports indicate that the actual number of “dreamers” could be more like 3.6 MILLION, meaning ONE-FOURTH or more of all current illegal aliens could be legalized and on a path to citizenship in a matter of weeks! This would make this the WORST amnesty in our history.
In 2007, Grassfire team members mobilized in record numbers to block the Bush amnesty. In 2013, you once again stood up and said NO to the “Gang Of Eight” bad amnesty deal.
If we don’t stand this time, we will see perhaps the worst amnesty bill sail through a Republican Congress and get signed by a Republican president!
Will you go “go against the tide” and take a stand against any bad deal that gives amnesty in exchange for future promises of border security and changes to our immigration system?
We have just over 12,000 citizens on board. We must DOUBLE that number by early next week so we can send the first wave of petitions to Congress and the White House. If you oppose this dangerous amnesty deal, go here to sign the NO DEAL ON AMNESTY petition.
+ + Candidate Trump proposed a better plan…
The fact is, the Amnesty Senators will settle for nothing less than a massive amnesty NOW and weak promises of border security in the future. This is the pattern. President Reagan got burned by the same fake political promises.
That’s why President Trump must stand strong on the principles outlined by… Candidate Trump! In what is called by some the “Phoenix Promise,” then Candidate Trump outlined his parameters or immigration reform:
In several years, when we have accomplished all of our enforcement goals – and truly ended illegal immigration for good, including the construction of a great wall, and the establishment of our new lawful immigration system – then and only then will we be in a position to consider the appropriate disposition of those who remain. That discussion can only take place in an atmosphere in which illegal immigration is a memory of the past, allowing us to weigh the different options available based on the new circumstances at the time.” –Candidate Trump, August 31, 2016 (emphasis added)
President is set to formally announce his amnesty deal. We want to rush petitions to Congress and the White House immediately and say “NO DEAL” on amnesty! We must secure our borders, build the wall, end chain migration and the Visa lottery first!