What's on your "camping" list?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile gravatar of freethinker freethinker 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Trapper John
    Trapper John
    Participant

A while back, a friend of mine that was new to prepping, asked me if I could give him a list of items for him to accumulate for an emergency (make that “prepping”) situation. I put together a list of recommended items (see below). This is not a complete list. I know that other things can be added to the “camping” list. Feel free to add any items you deem necessary.

Camping List

Paper plates

Plastic flatware

Anti acid (Tums)

Aspirin/Tylenol

Prevacid

Benadryl

Toilet paper

Paper towels

Baggies (gallon)

Clothes pins

Honey

Aluminum foil

Baggies

Tooth brush

Tooth paste

Peroxide

Water containers

Candles

Matches

Fire grate

Rope

Ground tarps

Pet food

Clorox

Ponchos

Trash bags

Deodorant

Soap

Aspirin

Tylenol

Shaving supplies

Safety Pins

Clothes pins

Duct Tape

GLOVES

Nail clippers

Baking powder

Vinegar

Bug Repellent

Optional Items

Solar panels

Storage batteries

Power inverter

Nails

Safety Pins

Fishing Tackle

Axe

Shovel

Handsaw

Hammer

Tape measure

5 gallon bucket.

Profile gravatar of Eric
    Eric Odom
    Keymaster

Fantastic list and great topic. Think I might do a video on this subject next week when I get my voice back (sick).

Trapper John
    Participant

Eric – Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Profile gravatar of freethinker
    freethinker
    Participant

I’m new so pardon me if I am out of line.  Are we talking about camping or a “bug-out” kit?

Trapper John
    Participant

You are not out of line.

Either one…there are pretty much the same.

“Camping List” is kind of tongue in cheek.

freethinker
    Participant

Okay, well I kind of figured it was but wanted to make sure.  I made up survival/emergency fanny packs for my friends and I to carry on our ATV’s in case of an accident in the middle of nowhere but I’ll grab it in a bug out situation as well.  I’ll get a list together of what is in it.  I would love feedback on it of anything anyone else thinks it could use.  There is very limited space being a fanny pack so it will only hold so much.

Profile gravatar of ncastro
    ncastro
    Participant

Get that list, get that list!!!!   😛

Trapper John
    Participant

@ Freethinker – I would like for you to list what you put in your ATV packs. It would be a great help for everyone. I’m sure, we all know there is no “one” list for every prepping situation. I carry my personalized kit with me everyday. It’s designed to accommodate my daily activities and sustain me for 3 days should something go wrong. Within my kit, I include a first aid kit. Even the contents of my first aid kit are personalized for my daily activities and what ever first responder  needs I may have.

freethinker
    Participant

Emergency whistle/compass/matches

Survival blanket & Survival Sleeping bag

Parachute cord

folding knife and sharpener

multi tool

flashlight

sewing kit

water purification tablets

Forever match

Emergency candles

magnesium fire starter

glow sticks

small first aid kit

3×4 gauze pads

medical tape

antibiotic gel

trauma sheers

suture kits

locking forceps

fingernail clippers

medical gloves

glasses

wire saw

Emergency fanny pack for ATVNow I’m an EMT so I feel pretty comfortable with the medical stuff and having to stitch myself or someone else up although it is not what EMT’s do in the field.

I would love input on what others think would be valuable to have that is small and doesn’t take up much room.   I’m going to add some tie wraps and super glue too.

Trapper John
    Participant

@freethinker – That is a great little pack. It is well thought out and will cover a lot of “on trail” urgent situations. It would also be a great pack for day hikers or even kept in a car. As for me, I would add bug repellent.  Biting insects can get pretty nasty here in south Florida.

freethinker
    Participant

Thanks, it was originally meant as a “on trail” pack that could double for a camping situation.  The bug repellent is an excellent idea and even a bug net for my head would take up no room and or add any weight.  I’m also going to add a small roll of electrical tape and small pack of baby wipes as well as Ibuprofen.  There is already bug repellent, sun screen, toilet paper, a coat, gloves, hat, water bottles and small jumper cable pack on my ATV in the side packs.

I’m thinking that your geographical location could greatly effect what you might want in your pack for extras.  I live out west so I hadn’t thought of the bug issue as much as you do in southern Florida.  Everyone should think about their local conditions and how they effect what you might need.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.